Many of us are striving to take a more mindful approach to life, thinking carefully about how our activities might affect our overall well – being. Gardening happens to tick many of the boxes on the mindfulness checklist: connecting us with nature, helping to keep our bodies fit and healthy, and improving mental clarity and happiness.
5 ways gardening helps your body and soul.
1. Gardening helps in weight maintenance and reduces risk of heart attacks and stroke.
2. It is a great stress buster. It reduces amount of cortisol, the stress hormone.
3. Being in the garden and feeling a profound connection to the land affords us the opportunity to focus on beauty and inspires us to experience feelings of awe, gratitude, and abundance.
4. Digging in the soil has actual health and ‘mood boosting’ benefits.
5. While you’re basking in the sun, you’ll soak up plenty of vitamin D which helps the body absorb calcium.